[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bug statuses and workflow

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Thu Oct 20 16:21:47 CEST 2011

Am 19.10.2011 23:30, schrieb Samuel Verschelde:
> Here is a workflow proposal for bug reports in bugzilla.
>
> See the flowchart (link below) and the explanations below. Not all statuses
> will be used in every bug report, but the flowchart more or less gives the
> standard flow for bugs reported against a stable release of Mageia.
>
> http://stormi.lautre.net/fichiers/mageia/triage.png
>
> NEW: as currently, bugs are set to this status when created
>
> NEW (+ NEEDINFO keyword): more input needed
Why not set NEEDINFO keyword by default when a bug is reported and
a triager or the maintainer removes it then if sufficient information to work
on this bug is already present?

I'd say this being a keyword and not mandatory it will be forgotten often IMHO.
> NEW (+ Triaged keyword):
>
> ACCEPTED
>
> IN_PROGRESS
really fine-grained but useless IMHO. If it has been triaged, there should be
someone
who works on that bug, and what reason would there be to not accept a bug?

Just my humble opinion. If those help to ease triage, why not.