[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:00:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 02:36:07 -0400, D.Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:

> can someone test and report if it worked or not ? we need feedback to
> push all this in core/release and have this available for alpha1

Worked ok here, with the following problems
pata_acpi is being loaded before pata_via, causing many problems.
vnstat must be uninstalled, or shutdown hangs.
With the system set to use localtime, the clock is set to utc
instead of localtime.

The first two problems already existed in the Core Release versions,
while the third is better, as before this update the clock was set
to utc + my timezone difference, instead of utc - my timezone.

The update also eliminates the hang I had on startup, that required
killing plymouth, using a debug root shell, before I could login,
using run level 3.

Please go ahead and push the update to Core Release.

Regards, Dave Hodgins