[Mageia-dev] E17 packaging

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Oct 26 23:12:00 CEST 2011

Am 26.10.2011 22:06, schrieb Michael Scherer:
> Le mercredi 26 octobre 2011 à 18:58 +0200, Florian Hubold a écrit :
>
>> If keeping old releases unchanged from distro to distro version is
>> your vision of improving quality and more satisfying for our end-users,
>> that's not my vision, sorry.
> Then we should simply remove e17 altogether. Because, by choice of the
> developpers, it is not stable enough to be packaged.

Yes, altogether that would be a logical conclusion, sadly but true.
Seems some maintainers can actually be worse than infamous 'nobody'.

How to deal with that on the upgrade to mga2 in packaging terms,
display a message to E17 users to the extent of:

    "... e17 has been removed to improve on mageia overall quality,
    please use another window manager / desktop environment ... "

And please: this is meant as a serious question following the
above conclusion ...