[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Thu Oct 27 16:01:49 CEST 2011

27.10.2011 16:45, Thomas Backlund kirjutas:
> Sander Lepik skrev 27.10.2011 16:07:
>> 27.10.2011 15:33, Thomas Backlund kirjutas:
>>>
>>> My laptop hangs on shutdown.
>> My desktop has quite a long delay before it turns off (maybe even 5
>> minutes).
>
> Ok, so thats a showstopper that need to be fixed.
Yes.

>> With dracut i got my system booting (soft raid1 + lvm (also i had to
>> move /usr under /)).
>>

> And so is this. if dracut or systemd requires /usr to be under / then
> it will _never_ be default.
It's systemd. It has some libs in /usr/lib that it needs for
udev.service (if i remember correctly) and for some reason udev.service
is needed for mounting services. Tho' if it fails and switches into
rescue console i can manually mount /usr and make it continue booting.
Maybe we can reorder those services somehow.

> That's just plain idiotic.
I somewhat agree. But even Fedora is suggesting not to have separate /usr :(

--
Sander