[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Oct 29 23:30:26 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 27/10/11 13:13 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:27:12AM +0200, JA Magallon wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:07:01 +0100
>> Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just pushed new initscripts+systemd packages to updates_testing.
>>>
>>> In the combinations I've tested:
>>>
>>> systemd+dracut initrd: Boot and Shutdown works fine.
>>> sysvinit+mkinitrd initrd: Boot and Shutdown works fine.
>>>
>>> systemd+mkinitrd initrd: Boot fails due to not finding LVM disk.
>>> sysvinit+dracut initrd: Boot works, shudown/restart hangs.
>>>

>> A couple things I noticed:
>>
>> - system time is bad, looks like ntpd is not started

Yeah I still need to look at that.

>> - sshd is not started neither
>
> had same issue with sshd

Is this not just a simple matter of enabling it? It starts fine here...
It may not have inherited the fact it's enabled in sysvinit properly,
but a simple "systemctl enable sshd.service" and a "systemctl start
sshd.service" should be enough. We perhaps want to setup a sshd.socket
file to allow on-demand loading however which is a better solution
overall for most systems with sshd.

>> - DM service is duplicated, one is dm.service and other prefdm.service
>>   (latest is systemd native one).

Fixed in the lastest systemd package.

> + dkms doesn't seem to rebuild the nvidia binary driver

That bug appears to be fixed now from the report I've seen.

> + networkmanager doesn't start

Same issue as sshd I believe. It's just a matter of enabling it.