[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Oct 30 12:03:03 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 30/10/11 10:13 did gyre and gimble:
> On 29 October 2011 23:26, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>>> GDM failed to load:
>>> # cat /var/log/gdm/:0-greeter.log.1
>>> gnome-session[2246]: DEBUG(+): Enabling debugging
>>> gnome-session[2246]: DEBUG(+): GsmXsmpServer:
>>> SESSION_MANAGER=local/julihasoig:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/2246,unix/julihasoig:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2246
>>>
>>> gnome-session[2246]: ERROR: Error loading dconf profile 'gdm': open
>>> '/etc/dconf/profile/gdm': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
>>
>> This was a temporary error in one particular version of gdm that was
>> updated a while back. It only existed for a couple hours and I posted
>> about it on this list, so I guess your system is not fully up-to-date or
>> it broke again in a new way...
>
> No this bug lated for days (until blino fixed it)
> I was fully up to date. I did update to latest cauldron very often,
> from a fast mirror that is updated very often too

Yeah after speaking to blino, I think it must have happened when
upgrading gdm but missing the very broken package and updating to my
partially broken package.... if you had the intermedite gdm, then the
process would have worked... silly error on my part - thanks to blino
for finding the issue.