[Mageia-dev] Re : Re : E17 packaging

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Mon Oct 31 15:58:39 CET 2011

Am 31.10.2011 13:40, schrieb Philippe Reynes:
> Hi all,
>
> If you talk about this page :
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=updates_policy&s[]=update&s[]=policy
> <http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=updates_policy&s[]=update&s[]=policy>
>
> I think that I'm the stupid guy. I don't really understand where is the issue
> with
> this page and e17.
>
> I understand that e17 don't provide "stable" release with tarball. But I
> never see
> a "mageia forbid to package software without stable release".
>
> And if yes, I mean, if it's what you want, how I can use E17 on mageia ?
> (others than completly old and obsolete tarball).
To be honest, most E17 users i personally know use
something like http://omicron.homeip.net/projects/#easy_e17.sh
and compile and keep it up-to-date for themselves.

As all e packages provide SPEC templates for rpm builds,
maybe we could whip up some script which eases compilation
and installation of E17 packages, similar to nvidia-mgabuild.sh
for Nvidia drivers from Anssi.
Would be unsupported, but would provide a way for E17
users to have their preferred desktop and keep it
up-to-date as they wish?