[Mageia-dev] [135989]

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Sep 1 12:48:27 CEST 2011

On Thursday, 1 September 2011 01:46:17 Zé wrote:
> 2011/8/31 Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org>:

> The main point here was how your attitude changed from a certain day.
> You started rising tone everytime i didnt agree, like you owned kde

But, he is the maintainer:
$ mgarepo maintdb get kdebase4-workspace
mikala
$ mgarepo maintdb get soprano
mikala
$ mgarepo maintdb get qt4
mikala

(Granted, the maintainers database currently doesn't cater to teams, and I
have no background of how the KDE team is working at present).

While we don't have a finalised packager's policy, the conventional meaning of
the 'maintainer' is he/she who has final authority over a package. This is
implied by some of the existing policies which assign specific
responsibilities to the maintainer:
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=updates_policy
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bug_policy

While mikala is the maintainer of the packages, and until the packager's
policy is completed, common courtesy dictates that you respect the decisions
of the person who is impacted more (due to having more responsibilities) by
changes you want.

> and i was forced to follow your ideas.

As it should be at persent, based on the output above.

> It would much more productive if we could all use our efforts to
> develop instead other things.

I note that to someone who hasn't been following everything in detail, that it
seems you need to communicate better with, and respect the decisions of, the
people whose packages (and contribution) you are affecting.

Regards,
Buchan