[Mageia-dev] noarch vs. arch

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sat Sep 3 18:52:49 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-03 at 11:06 +0300, Anssi Hannula wrote:

> xml-info is used for the data not found in synthesis.

At one point I started to look at using dbxml to read these, which could
make rpmdrake much faster... it uses the bsd db package to keep an index
of XML documents so you can search without having to parse again, for
example...but dbxml wasn't packaged. I could look into it again; dbxml
has APIs in multiple languages (including Perl as well as many others).

The install iso could then contain a (compressed) database.

Liam