[Mageia-dev] mentors + apprentices

andre999 andre999.mga at laposte.net
Wed Sep 7 08:47:15 CEST 2011

Hi everyone.
This is to present apprentices looking for mentors,
inviting mentors to step forward,
as well as other potential apprentices

Our apprentices waiting include :
(See
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#packager_apprentice_table
)

dotmil (Josh King)
He has experience with .deb packaging (kernel maintainer, drivers) as
well as contributing patches to various projects.
He is a sys admin in his day job.
He is very interested in learning the "Mageia way of doing things".
His primary interests are packaging system tools/utilities and web apps,
but is eager to help wherever needed.  He has been reading our wiki
pages on packaging and security.
He has a really positive attitude and I'm sure he will be a great asset.

barjac (Barry Jackson)
He has experience doing personal packaging, would like to package grub2
and get-skype.
Anybody following the -dev list might have noticed his enthusiasm to
package, and his willingness to accept constructive criticism, as he
works on packages on his own.  A mentor would certainly facilitate his
learning process.

. . . .
So anyone willing to mentor one of them, please let me know.
You can contact them directly (please post to this thread), or through me.
If you like, I can update the mentoring in progress table for you.
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#mentors_mentoring_in_progress

Anyone looking for a mentor, let me know (you can post to this thread),
so I can put your name in the apprentice table -- or you can do it yourself.
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#packager_apprentice_table

Regards :)

(packager mentoring program coordinator)

--
André