[Mageia-dev] hplip update in progress - feedback needed

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 20:33:20 CEST 2011

2011/9/7 Florian Hubold <doktor5000 at arcor.de>:

>> I did not test hplip-3.11.7 but it worked with the previous version. I
>> suppose there were no regressions?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rémi / Akien
>>
> Guess we only know if you test it, which my mail was about.
> So could you please update to 3.11.7, and check for possible
> regressions?

Tested today on HP Photosmart C5180, and it works with no issues. I
ran hpcheck and saw that three dependancies were missing
(libusb-devel, libsane-devel, libnet-snmp-devel), so I installed them.
I tested printing, scanning and using some custom tools (like viewing
the amount of ink remaining in the cartridges, cleaning the heads,
etc.). Everything works great.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien