[Mageia-dev] Backports process (addendum to policy)

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Sep 9 00:26:51 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 9 septembre 2011 00:01:25, Juan Luis Baptiste a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net>
wrote:
> > Packager:
> > - create bug report if not done already
>
> This even counts if the packager is the one with the initiative to do
> the backport ? I mean, if I regularly update my packages and also want
> to up backport them, now I'll also would have to create a bug report
> each time I want to do a backport of my own packages ?

Yes, we really want to provide supported backports, and that means there must
be testing. Creating a bug report doesn't take more time than testing the
backport in Mageia 1, so I don't think this will be a big overhead, apart for
packagers who don't test their backports themselves.

To summarize :
- you are free to submit in backports_testing (so in a certain way the package
is available in Mageia 1 directly)
- for the package to be promoted in the official backports media, there must be
a QA validation

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde