[Mageia-dev] Copying dependencies from Release to Updates Testing

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Sep 9 10:56:03 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 9 septembre 2011 04:29:21, David W. Hodgins a écrit :
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:32:39 -0400, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net>
wrote:
> > Maybe my question was not clear : qt4-database-plugin-
> > sqlite-4.7.3-1.mga1.i586.rpm is needed *as a new requirement* of another
> > updated package. Do we link only qt4-database-plugin-
> > sqlite-4.7.3-1.mga1.i586.rpm from Core Release to Updates, or do we link
> > all packages from its SRPM, which is qt4 ?
> >
> > Said otherwise : must we keep a coherence between RPMs and SRPMs in Core
> > Updates ?
>
> If we don't keep the coherence, the procedure for pushing from Updates
> Testing to Updates will have to be changed as well.
>
> Currently the sysadmin team is given a list of srpm packages to push.

In fact, if we don't keep the coherence, we are going to have mixed
situations. The scripts used to move updates from Updates Testing to Updates
will have to :
- rely on the SRPMs for "built" updates (I'm calling "built" updates packages
that went through the build system from the 1/updates branch)
- rely on a by arch RPM list for "copied" dependencies (as package name can
depend on the arch)

Also, I don't know what will happen if a "copied" dependency gets a real
update in the future. The scripts should recognize this situation, remove the
copied deps and add the 'built' ones (more complexity in move scripts).

This all gets complicated, maybe more than fixing MageiaUpdate in the end :)

Samuel