[Mageia-dev] [ANN] rpm-4.9.1

D.Morgan dmorganec at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:33:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Guillaume Rousse
<guillomovitch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 13/09/2011 23:11, D.Morgan a écrit :
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Thierry Vignaud
>> <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> rpm-4.9.1 has been pushed into core/updates_testing
>>> You're welcome to test it.
>>>
>>> I've tested with success:
>>> - live upgrade
>>> - a special build of drakx-installer
>>>  (the installer available on mirrors still uses older rpm-4.8.1).
>>>
>>> Please further test.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> See you
>>>

>> just to complete what thierry said,   this is in update_testing
>> because we did big changes and we still need to apply/rediff some
>> patches.
>>
>> Know issues:
>>
>> - rpm -b{a,i,s} does not work you need rpmbuild  -b{a,i,s}
>
> rpm -b is supposed to be deprecated for ages...

Yes we plan to remove it too, but i fear that removing it now would be
too hard for packagers ( so i first though of it for rpm 4.10 ) . But
if ppl agree we can make it deprecated for us too.

Btw i looked and asked and iurt use rpmbuild so nothing will be broken.