[Mageia-dev] Bugzilla probs

andre999 andre999.mga at laposte.net
Wed Sep 14 11:51:20 CEST 2011

Dick Gevers a écrit :
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:56:07 +0200, Remco Rijnders wrote about Re:
> [Mageia-dev] Bugzilla probs:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 05:32:58PM +0000, Dick wrote in
>> <201109131733.p8DHX1fX057139 at smtp-vbr10.xs4all.nl>:
>>> Lately, with every bug that I post in Mageia's Bugzilla I get an error
>>> saying I already posted it in big large red banner also showing the
>>> previous bug number I reported: even though there is no connection between
>>> the two.
>>>
>>> Also, when I add a comment, Bugzilla says there is a mid-air collision
>>> with the previous commenter, even though that comment may be (for
>>> example) 20 hours old already.
>>>
>>> I usually go into Bugzilla with Iceape, that's where all by bookmarks are.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seeing this please? Needs a new bugreport? Against what
>>> please?
>>
>> Hi Dick,
>>
>> Can't say I've seen anything like this before. I suppose you have closed
>> and reopened Iceape already. Have you tried logging out of bugzilla and
>> logging in again?
>>
>> Remco
>
> Florian&  Remco:
>
> I didn't try with another browser yet, but I don't see any other problems
> with Iceape, so I dunno what's happening. And the workaround seemed to be
> to simply press further and use the button "post the bug anyway" or words
> to that effect and it worked every time. It's been going on for a few
> weeks, I think, but not sure: I don't have a bug to report every day ;)
>
> Next time I'll try another browser - unless someone else sees the same
> things.
>
> Thanks for now.
>
> Cheers,
> =Dick Gevers=

I have upstream Seamonkey, and I've never seen such a message.  But although I
post to bugs regularly, I haven't opened a new Mageia bug lately.
However, I do have other persistant problems with Seamonkey, which I suspect
are due to some corruption in my personal profile.  So maybe that is the cause
of your problems ?
(My problems started after I killed Seamonkey during one of those famous
freezes with 100% cpu usage that randomly affects various applications ... as
reported on this and the -discuss lists from time to time.)
If you try Firefox without problems, then it is most likely some personal
profile corruption, since it has essentially identical code as the browser side
of Iceape.

You could try deleting the *.mfasl files in your profile folder (probably
~/.mozilla/iceape/*.{profile_name}/)
They will be regenerated automatically.  (They just accelerate startup if present.)

Regards :)

--
André