[Mageia-dev] lost sound after systemd update

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 14 12:50:50 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Balcaen John at 14/09/11 11:24 did gyre and gimble:
> Le Mercredi 14 Septembre 2011 12:19:38 Robert Fox a écrit :
>> After recent Cauldon update which included systemd - I have now lost
>> sound.  After going back to sysvinit - sound is back.
>>
>> [rfox at minifox ~]$ lspcidrake -v | fgrep -i AUDIO
>> snd_hda_intel   : nVidia Corporation|High Definition Audio Controller
>> (vendor:10de device:0be4 subv:174b subd:2150) (rev: a1)
>> snd_hda_intel   : nVidia Corporation|MCP72XE/MCP72P/MCP78U/MCP78S High
>> Definition Audio (vendor:10de device:0774 subv:1025 subd:0227) (rev:
>> a1)
> I have the same problem here but only if i'm using autologin with kdm.
> Without autologin, sound is ok.
> Coling : do you have any idea how to debug this eventually ?
> (why sound would disappear only with auto login in kdm ? )

pam.d configs most likely.

Work out what kdm is using in pam.d for processing the login and ensure
it does the pam_systemd session stuff like in system-auth.

systemd-loginctl is your friend. Once it starts working you should be
all set!

If you can't puzzle it out poke me on IRC and I'll see if I can have a look.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]