[Mageia-dev] [RFC] debloating minimal system

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:04:35 CEST 2011

Le 14/09/2011 13:40, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> Likewise due to widespread suggests among perl modules, we bring quite
> a lot of perl modules:
> urpmi ->  perl-Hal-Cdroms ->  Net-DBus ->  XML-Twig ->  XML-Parser ->  LWP
> ->  perl-libwww-perl ->  HTTP::Negotiate ->  HTTP::Negotiate ->
> HTTP::Message
Automatic dependencies computing result... The algorithm used here can't
figure if a module used anywhere in the source is always used, or only
in specific occasion.

I see two potential links that could get turned in soft dependencies here:
- urpmi ->  perl-Hal-Cdroms, but urpmi should probably get modified to
ensure a graceful failure if the user tries to use a cdrom, while
Hal::Cdroms is not installed.
- XML-Parser ->  LWP, which is probably only used for validating against
remote grammars.
--
BOFH excuse #101:

Collapsed Backbone