[Mageia-dev] lost sound after systemd update

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 14 15:38:54 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Donald Stewart at 14/09/11 14:34 did gyre and gimble:
> On 14 September 2011 14:29, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> There is a bug in module-init-tools right now that prevents the
>> snd-usb-audio module being loaded.

For clarity the bug itself is in sound-scripts, but the new problem was
exposed by a fix in module-init-tools on x86_64 that prevents the
snd-usb-audio module being loaded when the alsa sysvinit script has not
been run... This would have always been a problem on systemd+i586.

I'll look into tidying up the sound-scripts stuff shortly.

> No, not a usb device, in a laptop.
>
> snd_hda_intel   : Intel Corporation|82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (vendor:8086 device:293e subv:103c subd:361b) (rev: 03)
>
> The only other reason that I can think that it would be working is
> that disabling pulse required a reboot for systemd to fully catch up
> with or something.
> I will re-enable pulse and see if it still works as I prefer to have PA running.

So pulseaudio should have been running fine, so please keep it enabled.
And yes, sometimes a reboot is required.

The problem is PA probably would have been showing a Dummy Output rather
than your real h/w

Please post the output of "systemd-loginctl" after booting with systemd
and logging in.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]