[Mageia-dev] [changelog] cauldron core/release basesystem-1-4.mga2

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Sep 15 10:34:07 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 15/09/11 09:22 did gyre and gimble:
> Colin Guthrie skrev 15.9.2011 11:09:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Michael Scherer at 14/09/11 20:38 did gyre and gimble:
>>>
>>> init=.... should work fine, no ?
>>
>> That's how I've been loading systemd until now, but once
>> systemd-sysvinit is intalled, you only have once choice and I think this
>> is what Sander was referring to.
>

> Speaking of systemd...
>
> Should systemd-units be installed when you install systemd-sysvinit ?
>
> The change in basesystem installed systemd-sysvinit, but not
> systemd-units, so you dont really have systemd in use AFAIK...
>
> (wich I noticed when dbus initscript  had to be "silenced" again
>  when it could not find /bin/systemctl)

Hmm, I'd have thought that systemd should pull in systemd-units.

[colin at jimmy ~]$ rpm -q --whatrequires systemd-units
systemd-35-3.mga2

Yup it odes.. and of course:

[colin at jimmy ~]$ rpm -q --requires systemd-sysvinit
systemd = 35-3.mga2

So installing systemd-sysvinit should indeed require the units...
perhaps it's needed as a Requires(post) somewhere? e.g. in dbus?

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]