[Mageia-dev] systemd vs dm

JA Magallon jamagallon at ono.com
Thu Sep 15 06:53:34 CEST 2011

Hi...

Well, I'm starting to fight systemd...

First easy to describe problem (apart from many others I will try to spot...)
dm starts before getty, finds the first usable tty (usually tty2), and gets
that. Everything supposes it runs on tty7 (see conflicts in systemd units
with getty at tty7 and so on...). If you restart dm, as it always tries
to find the first free tty, it depends on which ttys you have tried to
use to see where it starts.

I have been looking where to put the 'vt7' option for Xorg, to force it
there and make it independent of order, but as gdm has
not a gdm.conf file anymore, everything is on gconf files in /var/lib/gdm,
I've had no luck.

This is beginning to look like windows, we have a registry nobody understands
and things happen and you don't know why (because my /var/log/messages is
empty....0 size).

sigh...