[Mageia-dev] calling mentors + apprentices

David Sjölin david.sjolin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 22:32:10 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM, andre999 <andre999.mga at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Last week we found a mentor for dotmil (Josh King)
>
> We still need to find a mentor for barjac (Barry Jackson), who has
> informally been getting his mentoring on the mailing lists.
>
> We have a new apprentice in waiting :
> solbu (Johnny Solbu)
> He is coming to Mageia as a long-time Mandriva user, where in the past year
> he has been making a few packages.  He is eager to start packaging for
> Mageia.
>
> See
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#packager_apprentice_table
>
> So anyone willing to mentor an apprentice, please step forward.
> You can contact them directly (please post to this thread), or through me.
> If you like, I can update the mentoring in progress table for you.
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#mentors_mentoring_in_progress
>
> Anyone looking for a mentor, let me know (you can post to this thread), so I
> can put your name in the apprentice table -- or you can do it yourself.
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packages_mentoring#packager_apprentice_table

Hello!

I've been on the mailinglist for a while, but haven't felt I could
participate since I don't have any packaging experience, but I would
like to give it a shot if someone could mentor me.

Some info about myself:
I've been using Linux since around 1997, Slackware the first few
years, and later Red Hat, Debian, Mandriva, Puppy et al.. Currently
using Mageia, Debian and Mandriva at home, and Ubuntu at work (plus
working with UNIX servers, not as a sysadmin though), mostly running
Gnome and sometimes Xfce. I've studied computer science and work as a
Java Developer, and also have done some C programming in school and
for fun, as well as some C# etc.

I also have some computers which could be used for testing e.g. Asus
EeeBox (Atom D525), FujitsuSiemens Laptop (Core2Duo T5400) and
homebuilt computer (Core2Duo E7200) as well as VirtualBox of course.

Let me know how I can help. I don't have any major preferences on
packages, so if there are packages from the list sent today I could
work on some of the unassigned once when I get up to speed.

Regards,

David Sjölin AKA Zarniwoop