[Mageia-dev] New packages + modifications to existing ones - what do I do with them?

Andrew Myers am2605 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 06:49:03 CEST 2011

Hi Folks,

I've decided to have a go at building Ubuntu's Unity desktop on Mageia.  To
be honest I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete the task, but I thought
it would be a good way to get into it.

At the moment I'm trying to build "NUX", and along the way I've found some
packages which require some modifications to their .spec's (glew and
pciutils).

What should I do with these?  Should I create a patch and send them along?
I'm not really sure what the process is.  Also, as I'm quite new to all
this, they probably need someone to have a good look over them.  I think I
also need to package some things that don't exist yet also, such as gmock.

Also, is anyone else looking at Unity?  I figured that because it was
unpopular I may be the only one that cares about it, but if anyone else is
looking at it, it may be worth sharing what we've done.

Andrew.