[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-discuss] MANDATORY READ : 7 days before misc unleashes CERBERUS !

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Fri Sep 16 11:47:24 CEST 2011

15.09.2011 21:43, Maarten Vanraes kirjutas:
> I have a script ready to set the last comittor (that's a full packager) as
> maintainer. perhaps it can be activated before the GREAT PURGE.
That's not so good idea. What we maybe can do is that we send out a
warning that if you commit to a package after the warning and the
package has no maintainer yet then you become one. So that people would
first check what they get on their name. Many packages were imported by
Anne, i'm not sure that she's going to maintain them all. :)

I would do something like that:
2 months of warning period, if you touch package that has no maintainer
you become its maintainer. After 2 months we start dropping those
packages that have still no maintainer.

Maybe not dropping them all at once but by some list that is fist shown
on the ml and some packagers can still save some packages from going away.

--
Sander