[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-discuss] MANDATORY READ : 7 days before misc unleashes CERBERUS !

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Fri Sep 16 12:53:05 CEST 2011

16.09.2011 13:44, Guillaume Rousse kirjutas:
> This whole idea of 'touch a package, become its maintainer' assumes
> than anyone modifying a package has an obvious interest in it.
> However, they are case when you have rebuild a package just in order
> to accomodate for changes you made somewhere else. For instance,
> rebuilding all packages linked against a given library after updating
> this last one to a new version...
Well, if you don't need those other packages then you just skip
rebuilding them to see if anyone needs them. If not then we don't have a
problem, they will be dropped :/ If anyone sees that this breaks some
functionality in his/her packages then (s)he needs to rebuild them and
will become maintainer.

Or we need some optional maintainership status.. like
username-forced(-to-be-maintainer). So that other maintainers know they
can help or take over package.

--
Sander