[Mageia-dev] Systemd + Login issues.

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Fri Sep 16 21:49:22 CEST 2011

On 09/16/2011 02:55 PM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Scott Chevalley at 16/09/11 19:31 did gyre and gimble:
>> I'm still having a problem where systemd never finishes to a point of loading
>> tty's.  I'm using KDM and I turned off plymouth to see if that was the issue.
>> KDM does start and the system, as far as I can tell, is working okay, but I
>> can't log into any tty console.
>>
>> The systems been up for 20+ hours now and tty1 is still showing:
>>
>> Started LSB: run cron daemon.
>
> Well this isn't exactly a login issue....
>
> But what does "ps aux | grep plym" return?
>
> Try killing some of the processes there if you see them (the newest
> ones) and see if the ttys appear.
>
> Col

Bingo!

# ps aux | grep plym
root      3577  0.0  0.0  12428   652 ?        Ss   Sep15   0:00 /bin/plymouth
--wait

Killing that and the ttys appears immediately.

Thanks!

Now how can I disable plymouth completely until a fix is available? I took the
splash= line out of the kernel command line, but obviously that didn't do it. :)