[Mageia-dev] RFC: Rip out speedboot

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Sep 17 15:42:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

As we've just seen on the "systemd vs dm" thread, enabling speedboot
kinda changes a few things when booting system systemd (such as some
services being started early by speedboot logic (in the wrong cgroup!)
when it should really be left to systemd.

As the goals of speedboot are pretty much universally eclipsed by
systemd (and as Fred who did the speedboot stuff in Mandriva is now very
much working on systemd stuff for Suse) I think the time has come to
just rip out speedboot and let initscripts work naturally.

If this is not desired, then I will instead patch things to ensure that
SPPEDBOOT=no is forced when systemd boot is detected.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]