[Mageia-dev] Faac and building upon faac

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:13:08 CEST 2011

2011/9/20 Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org>:
> Le mardi 20 septembre 2011 06:32:47, Philippe DIDIER a écrit :
>> Hi !
>> Since sunday september 18th faac is provided in tainted repos for
>> mageia1 and cauldron.... after some controversy
> [..]
>> What do you think ?
>>
>> Philippe
> Well i even initially imported faac & soon after we removed it initially
> because of the  patents/license issue.
> So if it's now ok to import it there's no reason to not build packages against
> it since we do think it's « safe » enough to have it in our repository.

I don't know, what changed our mind...
The patent-/license-situation has not changed as far as I'm informed.
Actually we would need a repo of its own for faac. Since it can't be
in nonfree for patent issues and it can't be in tainted because we
don't have full sources for it.

I know, we already had long discussions about it, I just don't recall
having found a decision.
If we have, please excuse me, if we have not, we should do soonest.

Oliver