[Mageia-dev] sorry to break the threads (a reply to Nicolas Vigier and others that get bored with this...)

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Tue Sep 27 15:34:03 CEST 2011

Philippe DIDIER a écrit :
> *>nicolas vigier*   /Tue Sep 27 13:52:27 CEST 2011/
> >Can you stop creating a new thread anytime you send an email ?
>
> I'm really sorry...  It's not deliberate
> Whatever I tried I could never prevent Thunderbird to create a new
> thread when I post in mageia mailing lists.
>
> I ask for some help in an other place ...
> https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-discuss/20110927/005481.html
>
> I hope this doesn't make you to much angry ...

It is more that it is frustrating trying to follow a thread that is broken.
I think it is because the navigator doesn't keep the thread info in a
form usable by Thunderbird.

Suggestion :
1) open a new account just for Mageia (which I have done because of the
volume).

2) Set Thunderbird to only download headers for the new account.
(Assuming it is just like Seamonkey, via
Edit::Parameters-of-email-and-groups, under server-parameters, 4th item,
uncheck box)

3) Only download the items with interesting headers.

Then you should keep the threads.

(If you need any more help, contact me off-list, en français ou en anglais.)

--
André