[Mageia-dev] kernel oops with latest GDM and fglrx

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Thu Sep 29 04:55:16 CEST 2011

Dick Gevers a écrit :
> For a while I hadn't been using GDM due to it's various problems (incl.
> with systemd).
>
> Last night after upgrading my Cauldron box, which is using fglrx-8.881-1 to
> drive my AMD Radeon HD 6570 I thought it was working okay and I also
> returned to gnome-screensaver back from xscreensaver.
>
> But tonight I returned to my box to find GDM had stuck at 03:09 hours a.m.
> and could not log in (nor change to tty). The running session was xfce4 and
> it continued until tonight, according to the logs.
>
> After a reset I found a kernel oops at from 03:09 a.m., as attached.
>
> Should I post this to Bugzilla? Against what package please? Or some other
> way to look for a fix?
>

> Thanks v.m. beforehand.
>
> Cheers,
> =Dick Gevers=

I'd file a bug against your kernel (with version), since it says "kernel
NULL pointer ..."
And include the same file as an attachement.
tmb will know what to ask for, if he needs anything more.
If it is fglrx, it's related to the kernel anyway.
You should mention the version of fglrx as well.
And probably gdm.
It can't hurt to have a little extra info.

Regards

--
André