[Mageia-dev] Trying to solve bug #2317 (was: Re: Meeting tonight)

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Sep 30 21:45:31 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 22 septembre 2011 14:35:55, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> Le jeudi 15 septembre 2011 16:12:11, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> [...]
>
> > Suggestions:
> > - investigating using the equivalent of --searchmedia
>
> That is an interesting option indeed.
>
> > - reusing the old connectiva upgrade infrastructure in the drakx
> > installer
> >
> >   and release a patched installed (a mageia 1.1) that list mdv packages,
> >
> > remove them prior to upgrading"
>
> This looks like a heavy solution (needs new ISOs, doesn't cover already
> migrated systems, means that mdv packages that have no equivalent in mageia
> are removed from the system), so it's not my preferred solution.
>
> > - patch perl-URPM so that foobar-X-Ymga is always newer than
> > foobar-Z-Wmdv
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't understand what problems this third option would
> solve. Can you explain to me (and maybe I'm not alone) ?

It looks like my question has been forgotten among the daily flow of messages,
but I'm still interested by the answer.

> > In the first case, we would go with something like r[1-4].diff
> > warning: unknown impact on startup time & RAM usage (in fact it's not
> > even tested)
>
> I applied those 4 patches to rpmdrake and built a RPM that I installed on
> my system, but I haven't seen a difference in behaviour. The msec update
> candidate from updates_testing (updates_testing media have the update flag
> set on my system) still can't be installed, with the following message:
>
> Sorry, the following package cannot be selected:
> - msec-0.80.10-2.2.mga1.i586 (due to unsatisfied sendmail)
>
> It apparently still doesn't use the /release media in MageiaUpdate, if I
> infer correctly from the console logs :
[skip]

Any idea why the r[1-4].diff seem to not work ? From the little I know I would
think that maybe they apply to the rpmdrake UI, but not to MageiaUpdate ?

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde