[Mageia-dev] Blogdrake repository for Mageia

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Sep 30 23:15:42 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 30 septembre 2011 22:56:59, Philippe DIDIER a écrit :
> Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> > Le vendredi 30 septembre 2011 22:21:51, Philippe DIDIER a écrit :
> >> it would need some more job from you, but be very kind to add a comment
> >> into the bug report your rpm brings an answer
> >>
> >> :)
> >
> > And preferrably not give links to your 3rd party repo otherwise the bug
> > reporter will just install from it and lose interest in the bug report.
> > Also, it can bring many upgrade issues.
> >
> > Better give the spec file as an attachment.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Samuel Verschelde
>
> It was implicit :
> >First thing I must say : it's a very good idea to upload these packages
> >to the BS and join the packagers team instead of providing third party
> >repos that will soon create compatibility problems
>
> but better to be clearly said ...
> Thanks to be clearer than me

Well, it was clear already: the goal is obviously to have those packages in
the mageia repositories when it's possible. My concern was more that it could
be tempting to say "this is a work in progress, the package will be imported
from URL_of_the_3rd_party_repo", which would probably automatically have the
non-wanted effect to make the bug report install the package from this repo :)

Samuel