[Mageia-dev] New bugzilla proposal

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:56:21 CET 2011

2011/1/6 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 17:05 +0100, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
>> After reading the various mails i think we coulddo like this
>>

>> Product : Mageia
>>
>> Componments:
>>
>>  - Documentation
>>  - Installation
>>  - RPM packages
>>  - New Packages requests
>>  - Release Media
>>  - Security
>>  - Translations
>
> Could you explain what kind of bug would go in every category ?
>
> For exemple, translation would apply to what kind of bug, same goes for
> documentation ?
>
> If we have a separate documentation, wouldn't it be more logical to have
> it as a product, with various subcomponent like each manual ?

I think he is referring to errors in the documentation like wrong
screenshots or whatever. This could go into the rpm section, provided
that the official documentation will bne distributed as a package (as
in mandriva-doc-*)

> For translation, shouldn't it be attached to either a software, a
> website, a document than be separate ?

This is more a philosophical question. If translation bugs are filed
in a separate category it makes it easy for the translators and normal
package section is not clogged by this.
Example: translation bugs could be generally triaged to i18n group if
in a separate category. If the translation bug of foo.rpm is in the
normal package category trieage team has to read the description to
find out that it is not a program/packager bug but a translation but,
then hand it to i18n.

--
wobo