[Mageia-dev] Choosing packagers representatives

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Fri Jan 7 06:57:54 CET 2011

Pascal Terjan a écrit :

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 00:38, Pascal Terjan<pterjan at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> the voting is clear, but however:
>>>
>>> something odd is going on with epoll, and should be looked it, imho:
>>>
>>> there's invalid votes, but there's also a valid vote with a non-participant on
>>> it. (anssi) ?
>>>
>>> and sandro is there twice?
>>>
>>> perhaps there is still bugs in it? (not that it would change the results....)
>>>

>> Maybe invalid ballots are when people chose someone from the list of
>> voters and not the list of candidates
>>

> Hmm you are right anssi should not have a vote then

I thought it was rather strange that one could choose from the list of
voters - not that I did, I just saw the possibility.
Without that possibility, I don't see how we could have had invalid
votes.  Initially I thought that the check boxes at the top made the
selection, which would have been better.
It would be better if votes for a non-winning candidate, and invalid
votes, were tagged differently.  (And not both with "*".)

Not counting these factors, I really like the layout of the voting and
results screens.  And how we can confirm that our votes were counted as
we wished.

As for those who couldn't vote because they didn't get the epoll
password, I would have been there if I hadn't signaled Anne.
Luckily it wouldn't have changed the results.