[Mageia-dev] New bugzilla proposal

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Fri Jan 7 18:11:49 CET 2011

Michael Scherer a écrit :

> Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 18:43 +0100, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>> 2011/1/6 Michael Scherer<misc at zarb.org>:
>>>
>>> And for the rest, well, the bug be it in documentation, translation, or
>>> code must follow the same lifecycle, and imho, should be grouper
>>> logically and we should not duplicate information everywhere, with
>>> information being "version of the product/components".
>>
>> How would you group a translation error in the documentation of rpmdrake?
>> How would you group a documentation error in teh documentation of rpmdrake
>> How would you group a translation error in rpmdrake?
>
> The question before "how" is "why".
> Why would you want to group all documentation error together ?
>
> Grouping by "product" ( not in the bugzilla meaning ) is IMHO required
> to avoid duplication of version, to be able to see what bugs affect a
> precise version of a software, be it a documentation bug, translation
> bug and so on, and so decide if a software is ready for release.

Good point.
Mandriva bugzilla currently includes documentation and translations as
options in the "components" field.
It would be much better to have them as flags, independant of
components, as each could apply to other components.
(We even have translations of documentation.)
This would facilitate searches for those who wish to identify (and
correct) documentation or translation errors, and help ensure that such
bugs are identified as such. (Instead of being identified by the actuel
component.)
Thus adding documentation and translation flags, and removing them as
options of components.

And, as you suggest, keep grouping by the product, instead of the type
of bug.

my 2 cents :)