[Mageia-dev] New bugzilla proposal

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 10 00:46:01 CET 2011

Le vendredi 07 janvier 2011 à 19:04 +0100, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> Ok, the point of this discussion is to know what we put as:
>  - Products
>  - Components
>
> This can be updated later (as in: adding/renaming
> products/components). So we should just aim at the smallest acceptable
> set, so that we can open our Bugzilla instance, see what it shows,
> update and open it for actual usage.
>
> So trying to summarize above discussion, I suggest as products:
>
>  * Mageia with components:
>    - installation
>    - software
>    - new software request
>    - release (media, process)
>    - (for versions, cauldron first, we'll see later for the rest)
>
>  * Websites with components:
>    - www
>    - forum
>    - blog
>    - wiki
>    - maint-db
>    - (for versions, live/dev does not make much sense here; so maybe
> just numbering, maybe just no version for a start; depends on the
> release process)

If we intend ( and Buchan do, and I am sure that Stormi also ) to reuse
and let people reuse some of the web software we wrote outside of Mageia
( ie, Buchan spoke of having identity to be proposed to the openldap
community ), I would keep website for the installation we have, and also
treat them as software for people who deployed it on their own server.
But that doesn't apply to everything, obviously.

So in website, we treat our instances, and then I think that depend on
the number of instance we have. Even if I doubt we will have more than
"stable" "no stable" ( or trunk / stable, whatever the name ).

>  * Infrastructure
>    - ? (misc?)

I do think that people should fill bug report against me elsehwere than
on mageia bugzilla.

For infrastructure, I guess we can simply put 1 product, and later
decide once we see what is buggy ( because we did not plan to have bugs
yet, so we cannot tell where they should be filled ).

Maybe say that we review the component every year with bug triage team ?

--
Michael Scherer