[Mageia-dev] Importing Licensing Policy

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 10 01:23:37 CET 2011

Le dimanche 09 janvier 2011 à 00:15 +0100, Remy CLOUARD a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I just started to import the Licensing policy from the Mandriva wiki.
>
> Here are notable changes:
>
> - replacing Mandriva with Mageia
> - adapting the page to the Mageia mirror structure
> - in the mandriva page (which is outdated on that point) there was a
>   mention about a contact, which is Adam Williamson on the mandriva
>   wiki. Who would be in charge of the points mentionned in the first
>   paragraph of the licensing guidelines ? Shall we just keep the
>   mageia-dev mailing list as a contact ?

Adam basically asked to Tom Spot, a Red hat manager that is in charge of
licensing, among others ( he is the bridge between engineering and legal
departement ).

Maybe adam can help us again :)

> - no mention of restricted repositories at the moment
> - subsequently, no package eligible for the “Proprietary” license

*khof* nvidia *khof*

> - adding a complete list of license names (produced by rpmlint)

I think we should try to sync with fedora, as that basically what is
done for rpmlint.

--
Michael Scherer