[Mageia-dev] Java-Policy first draft published

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Tue Jan 11 16:26:07 CET 2011

On 10.01.2011 22:02, Farfouille wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have published a first draft of Java application package policy. http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=java_applications_policy
>
> Corrections and comments are welcome.

BuildRequires: java-devel [>= specific_version]
BuildRequires:  jpackage-utils

These are satisfied by *any* java compiler, however we want packages to
be always built by a specific compiler.

On Mandriva we solved this by replacing "BuildRequires: java-devel" with
"BuildRequires: java-rpmbuild" which is used to pull the "main" java
compiler (openjdk on all archs where it is supported, gcj/ecj on others).

BuildRequires: ant
%build
ant

Replace "ant" with "%ant". This ensures ant is called with the specific
java compiler as mentioned above.

Also, the policy should mention %jar, %java, %javac, %javadoc,
%java_home that should be used when those tools/paths are needed.

> Questions/Points :
>
> Section Specfile Template for ant and maven, I am not sure that the definition of Release is correct.
>
> Shouldn't it be useful to have a general policy about package name and versioning (like Fedora : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines) ?

Yes.

MDV wiki has something on those, but not much indeed:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Howto/RPM_Advanced#Naming_a_package
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Howto/RPM_Advanced#Releasing_pre-versions

--
Anssi Hannula