[Mageia-dev] Java-Policy first draft published

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 22:54:12 CET 2011

On mercredi 12 janvier 2011 at 22:41, Renaud MICHEL wrote :
> Or maybe, if the jar in the external dependency plugin is actually the
> same  (or compatible) version as the on from the normal package maybe we
> could make a plugin package only containing the eclipse related files
> (plugin.properties) and creating a symlink to the system wide jar. But
> that mean that eclipse plugins, which are now frequently provided as
> single jar files, would need to be packaged as files and directories
> like in older eclipse releases.

Looking at fedora's eclipse plugins packages, it seems they are symlinking
directly the jars from their system bundle in the eclipse plugins directory,
with full package and version as symlink name.
I thought some eclipse specific files (like plugin.properties) were required
inside the jar, but it seems not.

--
Renaud Michel