[Mageia-dev] binrepos howto

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Thu Jan 13 13:56:01 CET 2011

Jerome Quelin <jquelin at gmail.com> writes:

> hi,
>
> with svn splitted in specs + patchs / binaries, can we have a heads-up
> on how it works?
>
> - does mdvsys support splitted binrepo? what is the configuration to use
>   for mageia?

Not yet

> - when i want to see if a package that is already checked out on my hard
>   drive has been updated, i used to go in the directory and run "svn
>   up". does this still work, or should i also run this in SOURCES-bin?
>   what is the equivalent using mgarepo / mdvsys?

mgarepo up

> - when i want to update a package to a new version, i used to dump the
>   tarball in SOURCES, then "svn rm SOURCES/$previous" + "svn add
>   SOURCES/$new" + update spec file + svn ci.  what are the new low-level
>   commands? what's the equivalent using mgarepo / mdvsys ?

You can use "mgarepo upload /path/to/new/tarball.tar.gz"
It will upload the tarball to binrepos, and update the sha1 file.
Though, you still have to svn rm the old tarball (for example from your
SOURCES-bin local checkout).

The low level commands for "mgarepo upload file" are basically doing svn
add in your SOURCES-bin and rebuilding the SOURCES/sha1.lst

mgarepo sync is not yet functional with binrepos.

--
Olivier Blin - blino