[Mageia-dev] package import policy
maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 01:01:33 CET 2011
The wiki page lists method to import a package:
( http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packaging )
so, i followed every step, then contacted my mentor, only it seems the process
is not used like that; it seems 2 ways are used; and the one used most (by
people i know) is not the one that is on the wiki page.
So, i would like to list both on the wiki page, so it is clearer.
this is what i would put for in between step 4 and 5
- a second possibility is:
- Read the [[svn-faq|FAQ]] about the new SVN
- Download the SRPM from a Mandriva Mirror. The rationale behind this is
to keep history for past changes in the RPM (there is a pre-rpm5 mdv srpm
mirror http://tmb.mine.nu/Mageia/Cauldron/mdv-SRPMS-pre-rpm5/ )
- Check it does not have unlicensed Mandriva stuff: image (icons), video,
audio files, other
- Check it does have a clear, explicit license with it.
- Check software license ( free or not, existence of license file)
- Rebuild the SRPM (with bm -sl for instance)
- Import the packages with **mgarepo** import package.src.rpm. Be sure to
run this command under your ssh-agent, otherwise import will fail
- Check out the imported version in a repository with mgarepo
- Check it does not have "mandriva" / "mandrake" occurrences used as a
brand/name in the software (history/changelog is ok, emails for references are
- Update software on last stable version
- Send patches upstream if possible
- Remove useless cruft ( like macro that no longer apply )
- Buildroot is no longer necessary
- ldconfig in post (handled by filetriggers)
- commit the update with a good commit message.
More information about the Mageia-dev