[Mageia-dev] Java-Policy first draft published

Farfouille farfouille64 at laposte.net
Sat Jan 15 17:41:20 CET 2011

Le 10/01/2011 21:56, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 21:02, Farfouille <farfouille64 at laposte.net> wrote:
>> Licence discrepency : dokuwiki template says licence is 'CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported' but web application policy (http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web_applications_policy) claims 'Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License' (end of the page)
>
> I used the quick admin feature of dokuwiki to set it, only the 3.0
> Unported was used. I have still to learn/get the differences between
> these versions (notwithstanding that the By-SA provisions mean the
> same thing), or whether they are even conflicting (there may be a
> natural update path in here).
>
> Anyway, help/insights (separate thread, please) about this is welcome.
>
> Romain

Hi,

I browsed through 'CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported' on http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode
and from the hereafter section, I understand that both licences are compatible

"You may Distribute or Publicly Perform an Adaptation only under the terms of: (i) this License; (ii) a later version of this License with the same License Elements as this License; (iii) a Creative Commons jurisdiction license (either this or a later license version) that contains the same License Elements as this License (e.g., Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 US)); (iv) a Creative Commons Compatible License. If you license the Adaptation under one of the licenses mentioned in (iv), you must comply with the terms of that license. If you license the Adaptation under the terms of any of the licenses mentioned in (i), (ii) or (iii) (the "Applicable License"), you must comply with the terms of the Applicable License generally and the following provisions: (I) You must include a copy of, or the URI for, the Applicable License with every copy of each Adaptation You Distribute or Publicly Perform; (II) You may not offer or impose any terms on the Adaptation that restrict the terms of th
e Applicable License or the ability of the recipient of the Adaptation to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the Applicable License; (III) You must keep intact all notices that refer to the Applicable License and to the disclaimer of warranties with every copy of the Work as included in the Adaptation You Distribute or Publicly Perform; (IV) when You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Adaptation, You may not impose any effective technological measures on the Adaptation that restrict the ability of a recipient of the Adaptation from You to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the Applicable License. This Section 4(b) applies to the Adaptation as incorporated in a Collection, but this does not require the Collection apart from the Adaptation itself to be made subject to the terms of the Applicable License."

Cheers
--
Farfouille