[Mageia-dev] Importing RPM Spec File Syntax

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Sun Jan 16 18:49:40 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 02:10:08PM +0100, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> Op zaterdag 15 januari 2011 14:01:51 schreef John Balcaen:
> > [...]
> > Regarding the spec we've got at least a major difference in our kde's spec
> > For example not all the %define are localized at the top of the
> > spec,especially thoses for macro & libname : it's  easier for me to have
> > some of them in the same part.Maybe it's due to our will massive
> > libification, but having more then 15
> > %define for macro & libname without knowing  which package is affected.
> > Also maybe others can find useful to have the %files list for every
> > package listed
> > under their description (instead of having all of them after the
> > %prep,%build etc part )
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Personally, i agree regarding the %files part to be under their respective
> %description and having build stuff on the bottom part. I like that idea.
>
> regarding defines, i don't understand completely, but i am in favor of having
> all defines up top.
Well, I think mikala’s got a point there. Experience showed that having
defines put where they are relevant simply improved readability.
OTOH, the spec does not say anything apart “it should be on top”.
I think we should not enforce define on top if we have no valid reason
to have it like this.

Also, a way to improve readability regarding subpackages is to
systematically add a line of comment between them like this :

I’ll add a section about subpackages, because they’re not mentionned in
the current policy.

Regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD