[Mageia-dev] What to do for software having MDV/Mandriva in name

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:35:11 CET 2011

On 17 January 2011 10:44, Michael scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> As Hoyt points out, it would be more relevant to change the tag
>> if/when/once this code base grows independantly from the original one.
>
> Well, we can also ( and I think we should ) aim for keeping compatibility,
> and in fact, try to avoid forking too much. We can and should collaborate.
>
> Now, if some software are dropped ( or about to be ) by upstream, yes, forking
> would be a alternative.

Btw, we'll have to take a decision about perl-URPMI & urpmi
There've been quite a lot of commits from pok.
We've two alternatives: stick with perl-URPM & urpmi from pre-rpm5
or sync with mdv.
I'm not sure pok has kept compatilibity with rpm-4 and if there'has been
any other damage.
eg: if I remember right, pok removed my perl-URPM workaround for rpm segfaulting
because he fixed it in rpm5...

I think anssi & me (& maybe C. Fergeau if he wants to work with
Mageia, I forgot to ask him
last time I saw him) should be able to maintain those.