[Mageia-dev] On the road to build urpmi

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:04:53 CET 2011

On 21 January 2011 00:11, Erwan Velu <erwanaliasr1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to solve the deps to make urpmi passing the build-sytem.
>
> Looks like we are now only missing rpmtools (http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/soft/rpm/rpmtools/trunk/)
>
> It requires
>
> BuildRequires:  perl-MDV-Packdrakeng
> BuildRequires:  perl-MDV-Distribconf
>
> What do we do with such packages ? The MDV thing is surely a problem.

I disagree

> I'm not that aware of the policy for this particular packages.
>
> What's your opinions on it ?

It's not a problem.
It's the program name and we won't change program names just because
they're owned by other people
Else we would have to rename anything named:
- "*linux*" ("linux" is owned by a foundation)
- "*firefox*" ("firefox" is owned by the mozilla foundation)
- ...

Even rpm was originally "Redhat Package Manager"

Last but not least, "MDV" isn't a trademark...