[Mageia-dev] packaging for Mageia

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Feb 7 22:21:20 CET 2011

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011, Florent Monnier wrote:

> Le vendredi 04 février 2011 17:49:39, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> > Op vrijdag 04 februari 2011 17:16:09 schreef Florent Monnier:
> > > Hi,
> > > I was (or I still am?) maintainer for these packages:
> > > http://maint.mandriva.com/listpkgs.php?owner=105
> > > I have not read the 5000 mails of the lists yet,
> > > but I have seen the occurrence of "buildsystem",
> > > so my question is should I join the team now to
> > > provide the equivalent packages, or should I wait
> > > (maybe wait that the first installable mageia is out) ?

Yes, you can join now, no need to wait for first release !

> > the keypoint is that everyone who wants to be a packager (including
> > mandriva packagers) needs some training (mentoring), so, the best way is

There is no mentoring needed for previous mandriva packagers.

> My Mandriva mentor was Guillomovitch‎, but now as you said I've just seen the
> thread of Jérôme looking for a padawan, so Jérôme (or someone else) do you
> want to mentor me to become a Mageia packager / maintainer ?

You can get a packager account directly and start importing and
submiting packages. I see you created an account with login "blue_prawn"
on https://identity.mageia.org, so you can send me your ssh key and I
will upgrade your account to packager status.