[Mageia-dev] New mockups about mageia-app-db

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Mon Feb 7 23:11:28 CET 2011

Le dimanche 6 février 2011 22:14:40, Marcello Anni a écrit :
> > 2011/2/6 Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it>:
> > > hi Samuel,
> > > these are my last 2 mockups about mageia-app-db project. i've added
>
> mageia-
>
> > > discuss and mageia-dev in the CC list so anyone can share his opinion
>
> about
>
> > > these mockups, giving us comments and ideas that can improve the tool.
>
> please,
>
> > > tell me what do you think about it
> > >
> > > homepage: http://img209.imageshack.us/i/mageiafindouthomepage.jpg/
> > > browsing page:
> > > http://img696.imageshack.us/i/mageiafindoutbrowsingpa.jpg/
> >
> > sorry but who is supposed to use mageia-app-db ? power users ? dev ?
> > casual/normal users ?
>
> Samuel said that the application must be useful both for newbies and power
> users

Yes, to be more precise : when you come it shows "end-user" stuff, but if you
activate some things (advanced filters, technical information, etc.) you should
get something useful for advanced users, developers, etc. As one of the goals
is to empower users into contributers (whatever the form of contribution), I
see no need to dumb down the application too much (which doesn't mean it
doesn't have to be user-friendly !).

Regards

Samuel Verschelde