[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-sysadm] [496] update version in Makefile

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Feb 10 20:08:11 CET 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

> I don't know if that has already been discussed somewhere (at least
> I didn't remember it), since the "year.month" scheme is widely used
> (mandriva, ubuntu, phoronix, ...), why not stick with it?
>
> on the other hand, "traditionnal" versioning is used by FC, Debian so
> I don't have strong opinion about any of these.
> WDYT?

I like "traditionnal" versionning.

Version number was discussed a little in IRC meeting in december, when
talking about release tags :
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-meeting/2010/mageia-meeting.2010-12-01-19.37.log.html
Maybe in other discussions I forgot too.

It has not been discussed a lot. But now it's probably too late to change
it, now that this release number has been used everywhere.