[Mageia-dev] build system tools

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:41:13 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 16:02, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 11 février 2011 à 16:49 +0100, philippe makowski a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> about the build system, with Mandriva we had ssh access to build boxes
>> under Fedora I can use fedpkg to either make a local build into a
>> clean chroot or to ask for a scratch-build on the build system from a
>> local srpm
>> (scratch-build from a local srpm is really nice when testing a new package)
>>
>> will we have something similar soon ?
>
> We do have mgarepo and iurt, and I think e should aim to improves theses
> tools. But there is no plan to have chroot for developpers in the short
> term, as we lack servers ( and time ) for that.

Building from a local src.rpm can probably be done (like in a lower
priority queue) but we need to see how long to keep the packages, how
much disk and bandwidth would be needed, etc. In the meantime doing a
local build using the same system (iurt) is easier given that you have
a fast enough mirror (and no download quota...).