[Mageia-dev] So, you want to become a mageia packager

Eatdirt dirteat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 18:42:47 CET 2011

On 19/02/11 21:18, Remy CLOUARD wrote:

> So how to get started ?
> -----------------------
>
> Well, there are several things you can already do.
>
> First, I suggest you to join #mageia-mentoring so that you can ask any
> question you’d like to people who are already packagers. Don’t hesitate
> to ask anything, there’s no stupid question. If you don’t get an
> immediate answer, don’t hesitate to ping us

Ok, then here we go, you asked for it...

What's this #mageia-mentoring, IRC stuff? Is there a mentoring mailing
list instead, like on gmane or so?

I am a complete incompetent in terms of packaging, but I know how to
download a source.tar.gz and compile it the right way.
Under mandriva I am using a lot of scientific libs, like fftw, lapack,
blas, and fvwm2 is my computing life; that I used to compile from
sources too.
So I am happy to help in any of those if my contribution can be used
somehow. I am quite unreliable too in terms of freetime as it may happen
that I am becoming very busy sometimes.

cheers,
Chris.