[Mageia-dev] time to switch from raw partitions to lvm?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Feb 21 21:50:59 CET 2011

On Monday, 21 February 2011 11:49:27 Thomas Lottmann wrote:
> I am still not convinced of how easy this can be. For having attempted
> to manage (and learn) how to manage LVM partitons with CentOS, it is
> quite complicated. So it certainly has many advantages, but I'm awaiting
> an intuitive disk manager like Diskdrake to manage this stuff without
> the need of preliminary knowledge.

Yes, with diskdrake, it's no problem. Anaconda's LVM interface is quite
confusing and complex. After installation, AFAIK, you can't access the same
interface. system-config-lvm (if it's still around) was also pretty unusable.

But, we have diskdrake, so why are the problems of CentOS an issue?

Regards,
Buchan